His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, May 27, 2011

Things

I have a few things that I really like.  But they are just things.  One of the things I inherited from my family is this Pitcher:
I have the matching  salad bowl too.  I have fond memories of using it when I was a child.... it was often filled with Iced Tea or Koolaid.
The girlies like to make Lemonade. They actually like Lemonade without the sugar, which is really refreshing.  I guess you could really call it Lemon Water. :)
Normally, I keep this pitcher in my curio cabinet and it isn't used. The girls always admire it and when they were littler I didn't let them use it.  But now that they are older, there is no real reason NOT to use it!  It is pretty, and lovely and sturdy.  It is a THING.   I wonder how many things we have that we never use. They are just there..... sitting.... waiting to be used.....

I want to make sure that we make memories with this pitcher, just like I had memories of it when I was little. :)
I'm glad the girls are putting it to good use.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Hahah at first I glanced at this and thought it had knights jousting or something on it and thought "That's a bit odd!?" But then I looked at it again and see that they are in fact flowers!

Good grief. I think that is a sign that I need to head to bed!

Hevel said...

LOL, I was the sae way as Holly!

I love these types of pitchers. Kevin's mom gave us one that's similar (except it has no flowers) and a set of tumblers to go with them.

How much lemon do your girls use for their lemon water?

Mike and Christie said...

Hevel, they use about 3/4 cup lemon juice and then fill to the top.

I had to go back and look at the pitcher to see knights jousting! LOL
I think the name of the flower is the IRIS.... there are glasses available but I would not pay 40 dollars a piece at the antique store. This pitcher belonged to my grandmother, passed to my mother and now passed to me. I can't remember who I'm passing it to, but I'm sure they'll let me know. LOL

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin