His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, May 15, 2011

2 1/2 Months. :)

Golly it seems longer than 10 and a half weeks.....It is such a short time, but it seems already like Alli has always been here.
 Alli has had such a wonderful week.  We continue to thrilled and thankful to the Lord for her progress.
This weekend, I decided to have things "unplanned" to see what would happen. Typically I have everything pretty scheduled so she keeps busy. This weekend, when we woke up, after sleeping in, there was nothing planned. At first, she didn't know what to do, and then she went and got busy. She helped shred papers with Erika which was great fun....(shredding old documents), then she played with the dog, with Sarah and Anna, and pretended to be from Australia. I heard Australian accents coming from everybody which carried into today. LOL
Later in the afternoon we did a little shopping, and I even let her have some extra time on the computer.
Her attitude overall has been wonderful! Not perfect, but wonderful!
(nobody is perfect) :)
She got creative in the afternoon and decided to make Lemonade without sugar.
Here is a video of her drinking her creation. :)

3 comments:

Holly said...

Hahaha! That video is hilarious! I think I would look like that too, if I drank lemon juice! :O

Too funny about them pretending to be from Australia! Once they get tired of that, tell them to pretend to be from New Zealand, and see if they can tell the difference between accents, lots of people can't! ;)

Mike and Christie said...

Holly, we watch Whale Rider sometimes on Friday Nights before bedtime. The accent is very interesting and Sarah can do it.....
I'll have to video tape her.. :)

Holly said...

Yay Whale Rider! I can't even remember if I've seen that whole film, although I know I have the DVD.

Funny thinking that I have an accent! :O

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin