His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, May 19, 2011

My Special Time With Anna

I took Anna with me to the bank today, and then we went to Subway to get a bite of lunch..... Subway now has GLUTEN FREE sandwiches.... Yes!
We enjoyed our time together talking about all sorts of things.... Her favorite topic?  Country Music.
This little one is All TEXAN, ALL COWGIRL and would love nothing more than to move onto loads of acreage with cows, horses and more. :)
She is doing so well.  She loves the dog Guess, and spends a LOT of time with him.
We talked a little about her new big sister role to her newest little sister.   She was sharing all sorts of information with me about how Guess the dog must have not had owners that cared about him, and that is why he has so many bad habits... because they didn't teach him anything... But with her patience and kindness, she is teaching him and he is responding very well!   I asked her, do you see a connection there with your newest sister?  She thought about it for a minute and said, "Mom, Alli is a person not a dog!" LOL
never mind. :)

She has also learned to mend fences by herself and when daddy tried to help she said, "It's ok dad, I 've got it!"  He was so proud! :)

Her favorite cowboy hat is missing. I hope it isn't the decrepid one I threw away last week... yikes.... so she found Dad's old Vacation hat.  He forgot he had it... I think it is hers now. :)
I just love having our sweet talks. One thing about Anna.... she LOVES music, but not music that doesn't have good lyrics. She is very good about asking to print out lyrics to decide if it is a song worthy of listening too.  I am really proud of her.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin