His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, May 1, 2011

The Benfits of the FLU

It appears the Flu is paying a visit to our house.  It came upon us suddenly, as we were on our way home from a shoe shopping event.  I call it an event, because to buy shoes for 4 little girls all at the same time IS an event! :)

Alli complained that she had a head ache on the way home, and Sarah said, "I'm feeling kinda dizzy".... I started to feel dizzy too, not sure if it is sympathy flu, but there was a fever accompanying it. :)

When I took Alli's temp.... she was at 101. So, we started on fluids and I made sure she didn't have a stiff neck, just a simple head ache.  She seemed to be just fine with mild symptoms like Sarah when she went to bed.... and then, at 4:00 a.m. I woke up.... it was like an inner voice telling me, "Go Check Alli"..... I flew out of bed, and there was Alli wide awake laying on her bed. As soon as our eyes met she said, "Mama, I feel sick!"
I asked her, sweetie, "Why didn't you wake me?"  She said, "I didn't want to bother you." Poor baby....
Sarah was sleeping soundly with no fever symptoms.

So I took Alli's temp at she was at 103 plus.... so Mike and I both got to work and got her into a tepid bath to bring down her temp. She was a trooper! When she couldn't stand it anymore, we counted to 100, and then she got out and we wrapped her up to keep her from shivering.... she drank her fluids, orange juice with x tra vitamin C, and I gave her some fever reducer..... and then she drank about 3 glasses of water and then she ate a banana.....
And then..... I  told her that when our babies are sick, we usually take them to our room so we can watch them very carefully..."Would that be ok?"  She said yes....
So we placed her between us and snuggled in... by now it was 5:00 and her temp was around 99.
She had this sweet smile on her face when she fell asleep. It was a look of satisfaction, even though she was sick.
We all decided that it would be best to stay home from services today, so we wouldn't be "carrier monkeys" to whatever it is we have.....
The other girls piled in our room and we shared the story about what happened in the middle of the night.   Alli said, "I just prayed that God would help me, and HE woke up Mommy! "I didn't want to wake her. "

Then Sarah, in her best Valley Girl voice said, "Of course you should call Mommy and Daddy! They are like, Parents! That is what parents are for! They love you and take care of you! Hello! LOL
Take 2
 We all laughed at Sarah's antics..... She tried to recreate it for us, but the natural one this a.m.  was the best. :)

Alli just seemed so content this a.m. giving out lots of hugs and I love yous. :)
I hope everybody feels MUCH better tomorrow! We are still hovering between 99 and 100.

2 comments:

Hevel said...

Everyone, get well soon!

xpaul34x said...

The vids had me laughing n HELLO! cos ye should wake up ye parents!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin