His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Science Without Doing Science


Alli and Sarah conducted a very nice funeral and buried him in the yard.
 Then it was time to look for other wonders in the ground.....
 They found grub worms, (bad) and earth worms (good)
 They also got some more pollen for the other flies.


 Alli ran out to daddy for a morning hug.
 Then they found a little toad.
 I thought he was pretty neat....  I love how excited they were to find simple pleasures right underneath their feet; the things we naturally do not notice...... God's creation is truly wonderful. :)

added:
My little Fire Fly Hunters: :)

3 comments:

:)De said...

In researching, did your girls find out that the female fireflies fly low to the ground so that they can rest often while the male fireflies fly higher in the air with brighter, faster flashing lights to get the girls on the ground to look up to them. To my kids, fireflies on a summer evening is God's special light show just for them.

Mike and Christie said...

Wow De, we didnt' read that! :) I can't wait to tell them in the a.m.

Annie said...

I never saw a firefly until I was grown-up...they don't have them in Colorado.

How I enjoyed these photos for the look around your property - I LOVE that open, half-rural look. Lucky you to have so much space. How my boys would love that - AND a garage into the works!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin