His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Saying Good-bye To A Dear Friend



There are times in our lives when it is time to move in a new direction.  For over a year, I have known it was that time, but I have avoided it, because change is just hard.  There have been rumblings and signs along the way..... and that still small voice saying "Now is the time"...... but I didn't heed.

Sometimes the Lord uses hardship to move us along when we are too pig headed to listen. :)
Yes, I am talking about me.

I have participated on an International Adoption Board for the last 5 plus years, and became very active. Too active. But my heart was to help.  Because of my participation there, I have not worked on the projects before me that I KNOW I am supposed to do....I even took a leave, but it wasn't long before I was back.
Last week however, proved a good time to move along. It was spelled out very clearly in my heart,  that it was time to go.  I am sure that the board will  go on just fine without me. There are many wonderful people in there who will continue the cause of helping others adopt, and helping others adjust to their new children.

And that is PRECISELY what I want to continue to do, just in on different avenue in a different town.
I will miss the board greatly, but at the same time, I KNOW that if I go back in, I won't leave and my project will remain 1/2 done.

I am clearly ADD.... LOL
So, I will be drinking lots of coffee to see if I can help myself concentrate on the hard stuff.
So, now that it has been several days, and my withdrawl is truly over.....I am happy to say
Au revoir....... it has been a lovely 5 years. :)

And now I'm ready to say, "Bonjour! Mon Ami"

gulp. :)

5 comments:

Autumn said...

So what is the hard stuff that you are going to concentrate on now? To what are you saying Bonjour? Tutoring me in BCLC? LOL j/k. Do tell! :)

Mike and Christie said...

Bonjour to the adoption board.....
Concentrating on writing and working in BCLC, and pursuing getting my writing published.

rolise said...

We will miss you and your sage advice. In fact there is a thread of goodbyes in case you don't know.

Mike and Christie said...

Awww that is sweet Rolise. :)
I wish everybody the best....
I am still keeping up with my blog and much of what I have written there, is here too. :)

Annie said...

But isn't it a relief when God makes those kinds of things clear? (Rather than our struggling to rest on our own understanding...)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin