His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Adoption and Disruption Thoughts I Can't Express Part 2

 Yesterday I wrote part one.

I was talking with my dear friend last night. They have just begun the process to adopt through a disruption.  Both of our hearts are hurting for this family and for this sweet boy.  And yes, he is a sweet boy.
I don't think any family goes to all the trouble to adopt a child with the intent of disruption.  I have never met one.  I have met families in a lot of pain, with a lot of confusion, but I have not met a family yet, that intended harm. There are families that get lost, overwhelmed, and wind up doing things they never thought possible.... thus is the state of human nature.

With that said, I am NOT sorry that our Sarah is with us. I am NOT sorry that many children have come from other families and are now happy in their new families.  There is nothing for them where they have come from, with the situation the way it is today.  Our girls were doomed to lives in institutions with no chance of escape.

So, I can honestly say I can see the providence of God in bringing the children home. In fact, had we not adopted  Sarah, we would have NEVER known about Erika.  She wouldn't have even been on our Radar.   But when a child has a NAME and a STORY, as ALL ORPHANS DO, we could not abandon her. We could not leave her there. We KNEW she belonged with us. And we knew that they belonged together!

God brings families together, however He so chooses.  That does NOT however, take away personal responsibility when we commit to be a family.
It does not mean that all is right and good and we can pat ourselves on the back to say we did a good thing if the unthinkable occurrs.   It is pain, plain and simple.

But, there is forgiveness. There is life past the pain.

My favorite quote from a very silly movie, "The Princess Bride",  "Life is Pain, anybody who tells you different in selling something!" LOL  But I believe it is true.
However, our pain is not the pain of one without hope, but of one with a hope and a promise!
I don't pretend to know all that God wills in this life, other than that He wills for us to serve Him.
I Do know that. He wills for us to serve Him in all we say and do.  And I'm not very good at that.

Sometimes I say too much, and don't DO enough.

Also,  many times what seems like a tragedy, turns into a triumph...What Satan intended for Evil, God intends for Good!  And our ways are not God's ways.  He is Sovereign !He sees things very different than we do.

And what HE does, is VERY GOOD!

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin