His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, October 29, 2010

Sweetie Sarah

Our sweetie Sarah has really been enjoying "Buildabearville".
Buildabearville is an interactive place to go and enjoy doing activities. She LOVES being a waitress.
It is fun because other children play at the same time in a sort of "virtual" world. So one child somewhere in the U.S. may be a customer and she can be the waitress...
It seems to be a very safe environment. She said she also like shopping.  She gets paid, goes shopping, etc.
We don't have a video game system, and this particular site is one that is daddy approved. :)

2 comments:

Hevel said...

Always always always monitor what she is doing online. It might be a safe place, but it only takes one predator to make the place unsafe. And, unfortunatelly, in an online world you can never be 100% sure who is behind the next "kid".

I might be paranoid, but part of my work involves customer safety and well, the Internet is only as safe for kids as their parents make it.

Mike and Christie said...

Hevel, I'm glad you said that. You are SO RIGHT!!

We are very careful. The site is set up for no communication with others,
except for pre planned sayings they can click on.
I also let the girls know about predators, and how they can trick you, so they are not allowed to converse or IM on any networking sight.
The sight also recommends that they do not use real names. Which is good.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin