His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Happy Saturday Activities

It has been really quiet here all day. I have been blogging, writing, cooking, and cleaning. I even went Christmas Shopping! shhhh!
If my girlies are reading this STAY OUTTA MY CLOSET! :)

So, what have those girlies been doing?

I just love it how Anna and Sarah have been playing Barbies and Paper Dolls, literally for HOURS after they finished their chores. We have this great front porch and they have been playing out there all afternoon.  I can hear their music playing on 94.9 KLTY, the thunder and rain pouring, and little voices pretending all sorts of things.  I love how they are still "little girls" and "big girls" at the same time.
Tweenies is such an interesting age group.


And then Miss Erika has been busy out in the shoppe helping Daddy.... She LOVES to help Daddy and he Pays her WELL....

She also loves to knit. She started knitting baby hats last year, but had scarves to finish...... She had an unfinished baby hat, and I found her on the computer learning what she forgot. She amazes me! So, she finished THAT baby hat, and is now working on another one!
So what has your Saturday been like?   I am really proud of Sarah who played outside on the porch in spite of the Tornado Watches and Warnings, Thunder and Lightening, Heavy Rain and Wind........ (the Warning was one county over, but for her, THIS IS A BIG DEAL!) Typically this begins alligator tears!
This time she just asked, "When you were in that tornado, what was it like in the closet?" I answered her, and she went back out to play! YEA!

1 comment:

Muddled Muse said...

Oh, I wish Erika could teach me to knit! I've got crocheting down...but knitting still eludes me.

Good for Sarah. She's a tornado alley girl. I tell folks here in VA that storms don't bother me unless the sky turns green. When I first came, I once ventured out for some errands in what I thought was a mild thunderstorm...imagine my surprise when there was a big banner outside of Walmart stating: "Closed for the Hurricane." Go figure, huh?

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin