His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, October 4, 2010

Creative Daddy!

Mike has wanted to get a railing up for her for a while. When he went to a nearby Garage Sale, he found the tool he needed to do it; a very large pipe bender.  So, he got to work on designing a rail.
And here he is putting it up.




 He also, decided that everybody has just gotten TOO good at backgammon, so he created a new game with the same board. It is still backgammon, just done differently.
We use all 4 dice for 1 move. If you roll the same numbers, you can't have doubles unless the numbers land on the same colors.  The combinations are endless!  To get out, you have to land on exact numbers. This has really caused some exciting end game upsets! :)

 Of course, Sarah has already mastered this, and keeps my head spinning.
 So while daddy was finishing the railing, Sarah and I were testing out the new way to play. :)

Here is a close up of the rail, attached to the wood.  Daddy is one talented guy.  I can't wait for Erika to see it. :)

I think she likes it!

3 comments:

:)De said...

Such blessed girls!

william2233 said...

Nice blog site from a children author of Concord, Ca.

http://www.freewebs.com/william2233/index.htm

Mike and Christie said...

Thank you William.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin