His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Yummie Lunch on Pretty Dishes


Lunch is so much more lovely when pretty dishes are used. :)
Today we are having tomato, cucumber and onion salad, and parmesean  herb red potatoes. :)

5 comments:

Diana said...

Looks delish! Share your recipes please!

Mike and Christie said...

Very Easy to do....

2 cucumbers, small white onion diced
and 2 med tomatoes diced.....

For dressing mix
olive or canola oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, parsley and oregano with a dash of sugar- all to taste.... Pour on salad and mix well.

For the potatoes

take small red potatoes and cut in 1/2 (1/2-1 inch chunks)
Take 1/3 cup of canola oil, and potaotes into a large pan, like a jelly roll pan (we call it a cookie sheet with sides)
coat the potatoes and then sprinkly with garlic, salt, pepper, parsley and stir well again... Coat liberally with paremesean cheese and bake at 425 for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender and browned.

Christine said...

I'll be right over! Right now I am slow cooking chicken pieces that will simmer into a delicious stew with potatoes and veggies. I hope I can wait till dinner!

Mike and Christie said...

Christine, you can just "taste test" your way to dinner. :)

Annie said...

OH.....miserable me! No breakfast, no lunch....only a few stale pretzels...and no idea what to do for dinner - until now. I think my menu has been chosen. That looks wonderful!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin