His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Book






I think it is a children's bible story book.  The pictures are gorgeous and may be hand tinted.  It was purchased in Russia as the traditional price was inside the cover.... 237-   (would that be Ruples?)

I hope someday I can go to Russia as we did Ukraine.

5 comments:

JJ said...

Our older son says that the cover says, "Bible with Stories for Children". I was able to make out "Biblia", lol. Glad our son has not lost his 1st language...though he came TOO close to doing so almost a year ago!

Kelly said...

Great find, Christie! Kelly

Hevel Cohen said...

Yes, rubles. 237 Russian rubles is about USD 7.56. :) If it was bought in Ukraine, 237 grivnas are nearly 30 dollars!

Really pretty book, quite possibly brought either by a Russian family, a missionary, or an adoptive family.

Annie said...

That really is nice; I honestly think it is the same one that our missionary friend gave to all the children at the orphanage where he works.

How nice!

Happymom4 aka Hope Anne said...

Awesome! Rosetta Stone has a good Russian language program if you wish to learn to speak Russian. I don't know how effective it is for reading, but it does teach that as well. You can possibly find a used version online some where.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin