His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Really Fun Day


I have to say, today was so enjoyable.  The girls were all so fun. We started with waking up from an all girl slumber party in our room.  From there, Erika and Alli went with me to a few stores to do some needed grocery shopping. We stopped for lunch and and went to World Market. We had such a fun time.  Alli was in AWE of World Market.  Erika said, "I told you she'd love it!"

Thinking about the girls  and how they came to us brought such joy.  Sitting there admiring them, watching them laugh and talk and have such a fun time. pulling myself away and just observing them was so enjoyable. :)
Alli was showing me pictures she had taken with Erika's old camera. (Erika gave Alli her old camera since she got a new one for Christmas)
I cannot describe the feeling of watching those two and thinking about where they were before.  Erika has been home almost 6 years! (hard to believe) And Alli has been home 10 1/2 months.

Interestingly, they both started talking about the first time they met me and what they remember and what they said. We laughed SO Hard! :)

I love days like this. :)

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

aww. sweet post. I love those girls. I hope we get to spend more time together while they're still in the nest. :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin