His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, January 5, 2012

An Update on Perspectives

I posted yesterday about family friends who's 7 year old daughter has a brain tumor. They just found out yesterday evening, she had an emergency procedure done last night, and then tomorrow, they will have surgery to try and remove the tumor. 
Please pray for this precious family.  Here is the latest update.   They will know tomorrow if the tumor is benign or cancerous.  I cannot imagine.

It is a large brain tumor, approx 5cm x 5.6cm x 7cm . . . it has flattened Andrea's cerebellum into the shape of a pancake, and there is a build-up of intracranial pressure. The doctors believe it is likely a Juvenile Pilocytic Astrocytoma (JPA) tumor.
 
 

3 comments:

rolise said...

I pray this turns out to be benign and can be surgically removed. Just tell your friends to be careful about radiology treatment as it can cause more damage to the brain than the tumor.

JJ said...

Keep waiting for a post-op update. Got anything???
JJ

Mike and Christie said...

Andrea update: Praise the Lord our precious daughter is good!!! The surgeon was able to remove the WHOLE tumor, and she said it looks completely benign. We will have to wait until the pathology comes back in a few days to know for sure. She is resting right beside me now. She is talking completely normal. For the rest of the night they are just going to monitor her every hour. I'll update more tomorrow, but for now please know that God has answered all of our prayers, and she is doing GREAT!!!


WHOO HOOO!!!! I am so happy! Thank you all for praying!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin