His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Language Comprehension Funny

This morning Mike was getting ready to leave for church.   (Alli and I are home sick today)
He couldn't locate his wallet.  He said, "The last time I remember having it, was when I  made Steve change."  Steve is our friend.
So I asked, "where were you when you did that?"
Mike said, "In the yard by the wood pile. "

Alli with a surprised look says, "You made Steve change his clothes outside??"  LOL

Daddy said, "No, I made change for his money."  :) 

2 comments:

Annie said...

Actually, that was totally reasonable to me! (Though the idea of Mike MAKING anyone "change" is a bit surprising!)

Holly said...

Hahaha I have to say that I had to read this twice before it clicked in my head. The first thing I thought of was changing clothes too! I would say "When I gave him change". :)

Love the English comprehension funnies! I have a few of those from when I used to teach ESOL. I don't think native speakers realise how complicated English is until we're talking to someone who isn't!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin