His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Gluten Free Fried Chicken

I made this tonight and boy was it good!  I have not fried chicken in YEARS, but for some reason, I just wanted some. :)
There is a rather loose recipe, as all recipes are around here. :)

GLUTEN FREE FRIED CHICKEN

Soak the chicken in buttermilk for a few hours

Pat the chicken dry, salt and pepper it.
Dip the chicken in beaten eggs. (3 will suffice)
dredge it in the coating:
(rice flour mixed with potato starch and spices of your choice....
(I used garlic, paprika, pepper, salt)
Let it rest while oil is heating and dredge it through the flour mixture again.

Fry until done....

Wow! I have to say, it was wonderful. :)

4 comments:

Christine said...

Looks and sounds very yummy!

Mary Grace Biggs said...

I haven't had fried chicken in a while either because of Zack's stomach problems. I think the last time I had fried chicken was a year ago and before then I don't remember how long ago. But as much greasy stuff I love and rarely get I'm actually not that fond of fried chicken. I'll eat it and like it but I wont go crazy over it like my other siblings.

Mike and Christie said...

I tried it again and added crushed Corn Chex cereal to the coating. I also tripled the spices I added and it was triple good!

MariaG said...

It's Feb.16th and today I noticed a cookbook that's free to download onto Kindle (or onto your PC ... 'not sure how but I know it can be downloaded without a Kindle). I thought of you :-)
Here is the link (and it may not be free after today so take a look soon):
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0076WC10C/?tag=afbm-20

MariaG (Canada)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin