His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

In Shock

Today, I read an article, that bible translators, INCLUDING Wycliff, are taking the name "Father, Son and Spirit" out of the Holy Scriptures and replacing the name of God with Allah..... I am dismayed, sad and in SHOCK.
I know those who agree with this saying that this is the way to reach Muslims with the Gospel....
WHAT GOSPEL?  If you remove Jesus Christ, the Son of God and relegate him to a Prophet on Equal standing with Mohammad..... Ummmm, that is NOT the gospel.  If you say that our HOLY GOD is Allah.... THAT is NOT the gospel.  If there is no Holy Spirit....THAT is not the gospel.

We are living in SCARY times.


Even Christians in Muslim countries understand this.
I found my info at several sites, including Yahoo news...there are several other sites.
If you want to look, I googled these words:
(God, Father, Son, Spirit being removed from translations)
there are too many to list.

10 comments:

Muddled Muse said...

WOW. It's essential not to give away all our first principles - otherwise we have no ground on which to argue our beliefs. The Christian/Islam worldviews have created friction for hundreds of years - (I recall a Reading Group discussion on The Song of Roland way back in high school)...it's crucial that we retain the essence of Christian doctrine - otherwise, we are giving up our identity.

Keri said...

extremely misguided. its amazing how even someone's GOOD intentions can result in very DARK results. Sad and scary.

Milena said...

Translators, you say - translators to which language? If it is translators to Arabic, then I can't see them translating the word God with anything else than Allah since that is the Arabic word for God - such as the French word is Dieu and the Swedish is Gud. I do not understand however why they would remove "Father, Son and Spirit". Hopefully Hevel knows - hope he will comment too soon!

Hevel Cohen said...

Actually, allah means god. Those Jews who are from Arabic speaking countries use the word allah and derivatives, and so do my Lebanese Christian friends. The issue is really not with the word allah, or Allah, G-d, but the use of it when a different word is in the original. That borders on Jehovah Witnesses' manipulation of the scriptures in the New World Translation.

Mike and Christie said...

Yes, Hevel. The issue IS that God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit have been dropped. Jesus Christ, SON of GOD will be dropped.... any reference to these which is throughout scripture will be dropped!
The thing is.... ALLAH, (the Arabic name for God) in the Koran, is NOT the God of the bible. There is no relation. Jesus or "Isa?" Is considered a Prophet, NOT GOD, and certainly NOT the Son of GOD who can forgive sin.
THE ALLAH of the Muslim Texts (which I have read) is a god of Vengeance. There is NO GUARANTEE of salvation unless you die in Jihad...which is why people blow themselves up...
This is down right SCARY.
The GOSPEL is an offense, to those who do not believe.
For God so LOVED the WORLD that HE GAVE HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, that Whosoever believes in HIM, WILL NOT PERISH but HAVE ETERNAL LIFE.

The FATHER SENT THE SON to be the SAVIOR of the WORLD.
These are quotes from the bible.

It cannot be worded Allah sent a prophet... that would make ZERO sense.
And NO Mohammad did NOT come after Jesus as a final prophet.

There is NO GOD BUT THE TRUE GOD and JESUS CHRIST IS HIS SON.

yes, I am truly upset about this.

Jane said...

I agree There is only one god,

Blessings Jane

JJ said...

I e-mailed my cousin and his wife who are out in the field right now as Wycliffe Bible Translators. I like to go as close to the source as possible...and somehow I don't think this will be on Snopes...Spoke to the head of our homeschool co-op who said she is familiar with this controversy. I know she would agree with Milena...and likely, Hevel, too. Now I have more questions to ask. Hmmm...???

Mike and Christie said...

And the issue isn't necessarily using the Arabic name in an Arabic translated bible. The issue is dropping Father, Son and Spirit.

Mike said...

It is sad to see... Yet does not every institution, be it a seminary, church denomination etc... fall prey to always degenerate to secular? This slide to conformity is unfortunately normal, yet disturbing.

Our challenge is to stay uncompromisingly true to the scripture and be gracious and merciful when we share the truth, be it by individual or organization.

The Gospel is an offense;
"...but we preach Christ crucified, to Jews a stumbling block and to Gentiles foolishness,..." 1 Cor.1:23

The Book of Acts is an excellent read to see the struggles of the early believers and the way Jewish leaders and Gentiles treated those who declared the truth. And the New Testament reveals many heresies addressed as the truth decayed to social pressures of the day.

It will be no different now.

Mike

Hevel Cohen said...

Christie, just to clarify, allah is not a name. It means "the god". Plain and simple. Everything else I agree with, even if I don't agree with what you believe in. Compromising holy texts for marketing is wrong.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin