His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, January 21, 2012

Do People Still Do This?

 fry the eggs in the bacon grease?   Erika decided to take pictures of my culinary skills, or lack thereof. :)


Well, I know somebody who still does.... :)    I don't do it ALL the time, but it sure brings back memories of my gramma.  :)

9 comments:

Hevel Cohen said...

Yes, they do, except not the way you do. :D

Julia said...

I do... on special occasions

mommajeane said...

My girls were hovering around the computer looking at your stash :) We have a Russian store about an hour away and they all love to go. The sunflower stuff is something they like and we buy it as well. I don't care for it myself. It is called halva. The hard, circle shaped ones in the bag are not bad. Sort of like the more you eat the better they taste.They are fun to place in the palm of your hand and crush them and they are called "booblekey"- not sure of the exact spelling but that is how you say it
:) Your stash brought us some ideas and now they are begging to go.

Mary Grace Biggs said...

Hmmm... Hope! I'm the only one that eats a lot of eggs around here (Sense half of us don't like eggs and the others cant have it) and we quite eating bacon because it was to greasy for Zack. So we eat turkey bacon. To which Philip informs us is "Facon." (He usually says "Fake+bacon= facon.")

Claire said...

I do! Sometimes I make breakfast for conservation volunteers on a commercial griddle, I do it then, if there are no vegetarians. At home I just do it for mushrooms because poached eggs are my favourite.

Mike and Christie said...

oooh Claire, I love poached eggs too! Sarah's favorite is hard boiled. She will eat 3! Good way to get her some extra calories. :)

I cooked green peppers and onions with some garlic on that skillet yesterday. They were SOOO good!

Muddled Muse said...

Uh... guilty? I don't usually buy bacon or sausage - but when I do cook it for breakfast, I definitely follow it with eggs.

Muddled Muse said...

Uh... guilty? I don't usually buy bacon or sausage - but when I do cook it for breakfast, I definitely follow it with eggs.

Annie said...

Sometimes! I like the microwave bacon better, frankly. And, sometimes I make wilted lettuce salad with the bacon grease. Yummy!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin