His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

When Generations Collide


I am an older mom.  I was 40 when Anna was born.  That is not out of the ordinary in our society today, but it WAS out of the ordinary when I was a child; or maybe my world was just very small.

I was a young mom for our first set of kids, having 4 boys by the time I was 24. They were all grown and out of the house by the time I was 45.  (right about the time Anna came)

So, this a.m. Anna requests oatmeal and an egg for breakfast.  She had a magazine in her hand and said, "I want to live a longer life!"
I served her breakfast to her and found the article she was reading....It was out of the AARP magazine! ROFL! 
Maybe I should actually READ that magazine too! LOL

1 comment:

Annie said...

Craig gets that magazine and I just tease him....so perhaps she's right.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin