His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, January 9, 2012

Family Finances


Mike and I set up our budget in a program we use for our business called Account Edge.  I was looking for simple, but he is looking for me to learn AccountEdge better so I can be more useful in the business. So it was a win-win situation. :)

I have officially entered the purchases made this month into the program and created categories for tracking.  It appears I will be able to track food expenses, gas expenses, clothing expenses, home education expenses, and the possibilities are endless. :) 

On Wednesday, I'll add a category for Dental expenses.

I also want to track savings earmarked for vacation and holidays.  I wonder, if we VISUALLY SEE where we are lacking, if it will help us to prepare better, and make different choices?  We are already pretty frugal, but we can always be more frugal. After all, I really don't need a burrito by Gluten Freeda to make my day. Especially if it is a splurge of $ 2.50, and frankly, didn't taste that good. 

My biggie is also going to be keeping track VERY CLOSELY of receipts.  2 times last year I needed to return something and could NOT find the receipt. Not a good example for the girls.

1 comment:

Goosegirl said...

Sounds good to me. I really need to do the same thing. I mean I REALLY need to do it. I hope it goes well for you.
Sivje

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin