His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Zoo Trip Cancelled

Today, we were supposed to go to the zoo for Mike and Alli's birthdays. They are both born on the same day, and since it would be the middle of the week, we decided to celebrate today. 
But then...... yesterday, my body started to hurt. I have always had back trouble, but this is bad. I made it to church, but could not stand to teach Sunday School, or to sing in the service.  By the time we left church, even with advil, my hip and lower back were out of control with pain.  I don't know why or what happened.....:(

Then something wonderful happened.   Alli said, "Mama, we shouldn't go. We can go when you are better."  She was so sweet. I know it had to be disappointing, we have all been looking forward to this trip with daddy.  For her to so sweetly think about me, was really a big deal. 
Had I not hurt my back, I wouldn't have had the joy of seeing Alli think about somebody else before herself. 

So the sandwiches we packed, we ate at home and watched an episode of  "The Waltons".  The girls are all having fun outside and enjoying the beautiful sunshine.  And it is a happy day, other than being stuck on the recliner.

5 comments:

Holly said...

Ouch! I hope your back feels better soon! :)

happy early birthday to Alli and Mike. :)

Mary Grace Biggs said...

:( Hope y'all have a good birthday and hope you're back gets better, Mrs. Minich. You know what? Hannah and Josiah share the same birthday as well! (Jan 17) I wonder how Josiah felt having a little sister for his birthday?.... :)

schnitzelbank said...

I'm sorry you have a bad back and hip! I have troubles, too, following an accident 10 years ago. Nothing helped and I had tried ***everything***. I was scheduled for disc replacement and fusion, with the idea that I'd also need hip replacement at some point. Limping in pain, a total stranger stopped me and gave me a phone number of a non-force chiropractor. I was skeptical, as regular chiro didn't work for me. This person convinced me that it was different and I figured it'd be something to do before surgery.
This doctor turned out to be a healing angel. He has been able to manipulate the tissues and fix some of the nerve damage, reduce inflammation and pain, eliminate scar tissue and correct my posture slowly and naturally. My surgery was cancelled. It took me a few months to notice change. It's been three years now and I am mostly pain free. It's a miracle. I'm not all fixed, but I'm able to live comfortably without meds or anything. Just ice and the good doc. He is pretty rare (only 2 in the States do this? Both in CA), but myofascial release is similar. Please give it a try! You've got nothing to lose, but the pain. Best wishes to you, and happy birthday to Alli and her Daddy!

JJ said...

Oh, my! Sad...and happy. Glad you have this positive perspective! Praying that you will wake up pain-free! Our God is able!!!!!!

Milena said...

I so hope you will feel better soon!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin