His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, January 13, 2012

The Versatile Blogger Award


I was very surprised to be the recipient of a blog award.  Thank you so very much Annie, from One Mother's Day.   You are an encouragement to me and I thank you for being such a great mom to your children.

So here's how this works.  There are two parts to it when you are nominated.  First you have to list seven things about yourself that your readers might not know.  Then you pass the love along by nominating (up to) five of your favorite blogs for the award.

So here goes:  SEVEN things that my readers might not know....

1.  I never graduated from College.  That is, unless you consider an MRS degree.  I married after my freshman year.

2.  By the time I was 24 years old, I was mother to 4 young sons.  41/2 , 2 1/2, 1 1/2   and a newborn.
     I got to choose my youngest son's name all by myself. :)  Marcus David. 

3.  I moved so much as a child, I cannot count how many schools I went to; but I had 5 moves in high school and I went to 4 different high schools, one of them twice.

4. I had a WONDERFUL time and experience with Mike in Ukraine.  I LOVED walking the streets of the city and trying to speak Russian at the stores.

5.  I have been working on a book for a LONG time.

6.  I LOVED raising my boys and I LOVE raising my girls.

7.  One time when I was cutting my 3 year old son's hair, I cut his ear accidently.... He moved.
After that, to this day, every person's hair that I cut says, "Don't cut my ear!"  The guys passed that info down to the girls and I will never outlive it!

8.  Technology Scares me. 

9.  I made a New Year's Resolution last year to go paper free with my calendar and I did it!

10.  I  LOVE watching cartoons.  My favorite one: Ben and Me.

11.  I would love to live in Ukraine.

(ok, that was more than 7.... so I'll stop) :)

I guess I'll keep going: :)

12.  Dabba, is my former mother in law, who is very close to me, just as if she were my own mom.
       I have written about her several times. She is AMAZING and I LOVE HER.... She taught me so   much about life and love.

13.  Mike and I have been married for almost 23 years and we are thrilled to be married to each other.

14.  I have the coolest grand children in the world.... Katie and Lilly are the oldest. They are so special to me.  I miss them terribly since they moved to the far away place of New Mexico.



1. Dulce de Leche.  I love how frank and honest and refreshing she is.

2. The Life of Little Eunice    Ivy is so entertaining.  I love her humor, recipes, ideas and stories about her life.

3. The Adventures of Erika    Erika is really doing well at blogging.  She is creative and thoughtful.
      I love reading things from her perspective.  :)

4.  Wrong in All the Right Ways   If you need a good laugh, Catherine's blog is the place to go. She is so funny, and her family is very precious.  It was great to meet her here in Dallas when the girls had surgery.  Love her blog.

5.  Baseballs Butterflies and Blessings   Katie is one amazing mama.  I wish I had my act together as much as she does when I was her age. :)  Katie is full of Spiritual insight and thoughtfulness.  I love how she parents her two precious babies. 


Check out these blogs when you have an opportunity... you will be encouraged and entertained, get great recipes, and insights.

Thank you ladies for being awesome bloggers!

2 comments:

Hevel Cohen said...

LOL, I must be reading your blog for a long time, because I knew most of these things about you. :D

Kelly said...

I would go live in Ukraine also. Not forever, but a few years.

I like your blog because it informs and educates.

Blessings, Kelly

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin