His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, July 3, 2010

More About Camp

These are some pictures from Erika's Camera. These are people that are important to her. Scott Simmonds is the director of Peaceable Kingdom. He is one of the nicest, most charismatic people I have ever met. And he deeply cares for each and every child that visits Peaceable Kingdom. He also reminded me to keep both feet on the ground at all times! No running! He didn't want a repeat of family camp when I broke my foot. :)

This is Brittany, Erika's best friend. They met at camp 3 years ago, and talk to each other almost every day on the phone. They also send endless emails to each other. :)

Derrick is one of many sweet counselors who loves to interact with the kids.


Wanda is a prosthetist at Scottish Rite Hospital, and the organizer for Camp Out on a Limb. She works tirelessly to make camp FUN! She is with her husband Bruce, who also came to camp and was a favorite of Erika.

Abagail is the activities director and oversees camp operation, making sure we stay on schedule. She is a really special lady.

And last but NOT LEAST, is Shannon. Shannon is very special. She has spent her last 3 summers at Peaceable Kingdom sharing her talents with the kids. She is one of the funniest people I have every met. She is sincere in her care for the kids, and the last I saw her, she was so sad, as this is her last year to be a camp counselor. :( I know she will never forget her experiences at Camp and it will shape her life forever.

1 comment:

Hevel said...

Oh, I thought Brittany looked familiar from the last camp's photos!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin