His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Helping In the Kitchen

Erika decided to help Sarah learn how to make noodles on the stove top instead of the microwave. :)
All 3 girlies like to help in the kitchen. What I have noticed lately is that things are placed where I have found them to be easy to get to and not where the girls have found it easy to get to.




Soooo,
I have been observing dishes winding up in the most interesting places after the dishwasher has been emptied.
Today, I decided to change some things around to make access easier for those in the family who are "shorter". :)
I rearranged all the cupboards to make them kid friendly. I have needed to do this for a long time and it was very therapeutic for me to get things organized and clean!


So I moved all the stuff from the top cupboards to the bottom cupboards, thinned out some things I didn't need and viola'! Cupboards that the kids can reach and put things away properly now!
And the cupboard that is up high?

It is looking rather empty. :)
But that is a good thing! We don't need too much stuff! :)

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin