His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Swing

We attended Peaceable Kingdom Retreat for Children last week. It was an amazing experience. There are numerous camps that take place throughout the summer. The one we attend is called, "Out on a Limb Camp". It is specifically for children with multiple limb loss or limb difference. Erika has attended four years in a row. This year was Sarah's first year to attend camp.
They both had a wonderful time, and so did I. :)

I love seeing all the moms and dads and workers that make camp so very special. The next few posts will be pictures from camp and some video of various activities.
The first big activity was the Swing.
This swing is higher than it looks! The kids love it. It takes a whole lot of dedicated workers to get each child up a ladder and into the swing.


Sarah went on the swing first. She has never done it before.


Erika went all the way! Way to go Erika!

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin