His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Maiden Voyage


We finally went out on the boat. Mike has been working on getting it ready, and today was the day. I must say that I am not much of a boat person myself. I grew up near the ocean, and enjoyed swimming in the waves, close to shore! The lake is very close to us, so it makes sense to use the boat there.
I have always had this fear of boat ramps. What if the truck goes in the water? What if I can't get it out?
So today I conquered my fear and drove the truck away from the boat ramp after they embarked and then back up the boat ramp after they put the boat back on the trailer.

We didn't get out until around 7:00, so Anna was the only one with success! Mike tried water skiing, but didn't manage a good ride this time. It has been a long time. :)

Anna did great. Then, we let the girls swim off the side of the boat until the sun was going down. I only got a couple of pictures, as I was hanging on for dear life.
More fears to conquer.

I must add to this post:

The foster family that had Anna before us were huge on water sports. They had boats and jet skis and went to the lake OFTEN....
So when Anna had her first summer with us, she said, "Where is the boat?"
I replied, "We don't have a boat?"
The look on her face was priceless.... "WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU DON'T HAVE A BOAT????"
LOL I still smile when I think about that. :)

video

3 comments:

mommajeane said...

That looks like fun.. I have not done that in probably 32 yrs.. the last time, I was sitting in the water waiting for the boat to take off and 2 water snakes swam by... I was water sking before that boat took off :) She did great on her skis. Lots of fun to come for your family I am sure.

Mike and Christie said...

That is a LONG TIME! We went water skiing 4 years ago and Mike got up.
I actually drove one of those jet ski thingies.

If we go camping, I really prefer to stay at the campsite and read and then have lunch ready for everybody when they come back. But if Mike wants to ski, it is up to me to DRIVE the boat!
It was my first time to drive one today. It wasn't so bad, but still scares me.
I remember going fishing a long time ago and there were water moccasins EVERYWHERE! We had to leave in a hurry. LOL

Hevel said...

Wow, a boat! I love watching boats! I used to love riding them, but since my last round of chemo the only thing that can make me vomit is riding a boat. Literally, the only thing. But swimming off the side f the boat is worth it.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin