His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

My Birthday....


I was surprised last night by 5 of my children's plans, and 3 more calls from my other children.
They are all such a blessing in our lives!

I am having back problems so must have taken an awfully long nap, which COULD be why I'm up blogging at 6:00 a.m. LOL

Erika made the famous Lemon Cake, and did a wonderful job!  They also went shopping and I had birthday presents and very sweet notes!

What rich blessings from the Lord my children are.  I think of that verse in Psalms 128:3...."they shall be like olive branches round about your table." 

Today is a very busy day, and I pray that my back holds up to do what needs to be done. So far, I lasted about 5 minutes. 
The Lord knows.


 A game of spades

 Erika takes great joy in detail and decorating.
 The cake recipe is here:  LEMON CAKE
 Yes sir.... 55 is just around the corner for you! :)
 Sweet notes from the girls.


 A necklace and earrings from Alli.   Everybody was so generous.
And we finished the night off with "What About Bob".  :) 

6 comments:

Fatcat said...

I'm pretty convinced now that I have a nightshade issue. Thank you for posting about it so I could figure it out.

I'm going to need recipes. Almost all of mine involve nightshades.

:-(

Help!

Fatcat said...

P.s. Praying your back gets better soon!

Aus said...

There's some really great stuff in these posts - brilliant even on the reconnection between sisters, and what it "means" to not only be adopted - but connected - so very important!

And I should have probably realized we were close in age - actually you are a year my "senior" - happy birthday!!

just some really great stuff - thanks for "getting it"!

hugs - aus and co.

:)De said...

Happy Belated! My modem was down for a couple days, but I wish you the bestest after birthday wishes ever. LOL!

Peace!

Christie Minich said...

Awww. Thanks De!

Annie said...

"What About Bob" is our favorite movie. It sort of pitters out in the end (in my opinion) but the main part of it is the funniest movie ever.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin