His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, August 4, 2013

It Happened!

Oh! My! Words!
This was a weekend to remember! This was a weekend that has been bathed in 2 plus years of prayers!
This was a reuniting of what should have NEVER been divided! 
And we had the honor and privilege to be a part of it.

Many of you know that we adopted Alli because of  disruptions in her adoptions! I made that plural on PURPOSE.... Yes, 2 disruptions!

Alli came home to us 2 years and 5 months ago.  (If you would like to follow her story from the beginning... go back to March 2011 on our blog and go from there....) :)

Sarah and Alli waiting......

Alli has LONGED to be with her sister and brother all this time.  When she first came home she demanded that we go and just knock on the door and say, "I want to see them!" 
I explained that we can't do that..... but we can PRAY for God's perfect timing.  And we did.

This weekend, was God's perfect timing to meet her older sister Tatyana....:)

Her are some video's and pictures of our weekend:

The first meeting:
video

The Hurricaine!  It was simulated.... at the mall. Only a category1. :)


video

We met at Uncle Bob's house! Thank you So MUCH Uncle Bob for being a very important part of this. We love Uncle Bob. He is such a great guy!

He even helps fix windshield wiper blades! :)
Let's go to the beginning:

It was a LONG DRIVE!



AND THEN::::

We were all together:









Oh, and there was another problem with the van. Good thing Mike is a mechanic!


There was shopping to be done!
 Uncle Bob to entertain! :)
Precious moments to be had....

 After the church meeting, we met one more time!



 Comparing Hands... they already compared toes... and decided: They are the same! :)


 At Gibson's house!
A fun meal at the Freter's....



Sisters.... Together again!
And They are sisters with New sisters.... and old sisters.... I feel like we have 5 sisters now. :)


One of the final hugs good bye until December. :)

I asked Alli.... "Does God answer our prayers?" She gave a very abundant smile with a great big YES!

9 comments:

Aus said...

HOORAH - the fear and desire all rolled together into one - captured beautifully - and so glad she could have those moments!

hugs - great stuff - aus and co.

Fatcat said...

Birth siblings? It's very cool of you guys to arrange this, no matter which siblings they are, you can tell they love each other.

mommajeane said...

Love this post. Thanks for sharing this special moment with us. Redeeming lives and families is always encouraging . I am so happy for Ali to see how real the Lord is in her life.

Christie Minich said...

mommajeane,
Yes! This was confirmation for her that God truly DOES answer prayer. We were talking about that in the van on the way home. :)


Karen said...

So precious! I discovered I'm teary...this morning we were together with 3 of my boys' biological siblings (2 families). And part of me wonders if it makes a difference as they are all so young (9,6,4,3,2,1) and we have to deal with some reactions afterwards...and yet I know it's important that they know their birth family.

Dawn said...

Oh my goodness this is so touching!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!!

NancyB said...

What a wonderful and special occasion! For Ali & her sister to end up in neighboring states, and that you were able to get them together is nothing short of a miracle! God's timing is perfect, and it is so beautiful to see God's will fulfilled. Thanks so much for sharing this with us, Christie!!!

JJ said...

Cannot even articulate the joy in my heart and the warmth I feel inside looking at these pictures. God is such a big God. His ways are not our ways. His thoughts are high above our thoughts. He is able to do abundantly more than our finite minds can ever even conceive. He is a good God...and a just God. And, He KNOWS how to works ALL things for good for those who are called according to HIS purposes. Thank you, Lord, for your mercy and for opening doors that no man can close! :)

Annie said...

That's absolutely amazing. And, perhaps even a more important meeting for Tatyana, who must have been very worried about her sister. What alot of good you have done!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin