His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, August 17, 2013

Sam Went To The Lake











 High Fiving after tubing.....

 Sam and Grampa
Next is driving the boat.

3 comments:

Fatcat said...

Look at that smile with the steering wheel in his hands!

Aus said...

I just need to make time to read you every day - I miss too much!!

Love the trail ride and lake time - great to see the joy! Glad that family is finally home too - there's nothing like that!

Onto the flip side of adoption joy - yeah - we still try to make time to snuggle with the kids every day - in particular on the weekends when I'm there in the morning I get some snuggle time every morning as they wake up - it's become kind of a "tradition" and makes for a great start to our day.

But regularly - and seemingly "out of the blue" (just like your description) something triggers one or the other of the kids going to their "dark place"...

And maybe that's the "thing" about adoption - you have to be willing to just stop what you are doing or be willing to skip something or just be late to get there or whatever so that you can deal with the feelings when they happen...mostly you have to learn to "let go" of the personal stress about what you are "not doing" while you take care of that need...

Which gets me to my "standard go by" - there is no such thing as a "non-special needs adoption...

hugs - aus and co.

TulipGirl said...

Makes me happy seeing those pics of happy kids, family and blue, blue water!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin