His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Erika.... almost 6 years later.

 Erika is a wonderful daughter and sister.  She has  a real sense of logic and a sereneness which comes from her relationship with the Lord.  I have seen her reach out to each of her sisters and comfort them, offer them true and unbiased friendship offer them kindness and wisdom.  She is kind and considerate to all.
And I love how each of the girls has little collages by their bed.  It is fun to see the pictures they put up. 
I am so fortunate to be Erika's mom. 
This video cracks me up.  She was trying SOOO HARD to learn any English. It was amazing how well she did.  She would hear the word "Cheese" and instantly start to sing. This was taken during our 10 day wait. :)
And Here we are killing Loads of time! :)

Sending a message back to Anna and Sarah on the other side of the world. :)

And she never looked back!
And she never thought it would be her.  But it was! :)
Love you sweetie. :)

4 comments:

JJ said...

Always so great to see photos of Erika!

Despondent child+love=happily ever after!

Erika will go far, and do great things! I love her so much!!!! (...and miss her, terribly!)

Chiara Elena said...

was she eight? She was soo tiny! I would have said she was around six! She has really blossomed!

Mike and Christie said...

She was 7 years and 10 months. (almost 8)
And YES, she was very tiny due to many years of severe neglect. She weighed 42 lbs.

Keri said...

i loved the videos!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin