His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, October 7, 2010

Haunted

One of the things that happens when you adopt a child from an orphanage, is you are haunted by the things you see.  Forever imprinted in your mind, are the children left behind. You leave with one child, knowing there are countless others left behind to rot. Literally rot.

Words cannot describe the feeling. You leave, and your heart hurts. Your entire body aches for the ones left behind.  You will never forget the smells. You will never forget the sights, the desperation of a little one reaching out to you saying.... love me... Please love me too. :(

You ache, because, if you could, you would pack away most of the ones you meet and bring them home with you, if it were at all possible. It isn't. 

But why isn't it?  If nobody wants them.... why NOT????
Why do they have to suffer so? Why ?

Babies rocking back and forth in cribs, neglected of a mother's touch.
Overworked orphanage workers, tired.....

Parents willing to love.....
Nobody can seem to connect in the strange world of International Adoption.

When we do, it is like the Red Sea Parting..... it is always a God thing. :)

Our children are not refuse. They are not throwaways.
They are angels. THEY are special.

We ache, we hurt, for those left beind.  But we are not millionaires.
We are not even thousandaires. :)
We are not special.
We are not angels.
We are just parents.

1 comment:

Annie said...

I could have written this. It is such a strange and terrible mystery how one child is "saved" and another left.

Even sometimes, how one child has the chance - and chooses not to take it.

It breaks my heart how some regions let their most troubled children be adopted, while the ones with potential to be succssful and members of a lovng family, are not allowed to come.

Those left behind....they haunt you....I almost wish didn't have the photos.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin