His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Holiday Gluten Free Fudge

 Hevel Asked if I  had  a Gluten Free Fudge Recipe:
This is the one I have always made, but just use Gluten Free Chocolate chips or bar chocolate instead of normal and viola!
 Christie's Kitchen Holiday Fudge
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup  Evaporated Milk (the small can)
4  tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 small jars, or 1 large jar of marshmallow creme (Kfraft says gluten free on label)
12 oz of semi sweet chocolate
1 TLB vanilla extract

OPTONALS:
1 cup of finely chopped pecans
1/2 cup rasins
1 cup finely shredded coconut
On medium heat, stir butter, milk, marshmallow creme, salt, and bring to a boil.
BOIL 5 FULL minutes. (use a timer from first boil to 5 minute mark, it does matter)
Stirring Constantly
Remove from heat, stir in chocolate.
Stir in Vanilla
then stir in any extras.....
or plain is good too. :)

Spread mixture immediatly into an 8x8 pan and refrigerate  Keep tightly covered after cooling.

I have been making this for 30 years.

2 comments:

Mike and Christie said...

Hevel, what I really need is a good gluten free stuffing recipe... I miss my really good stuffing at Thanksgiving.

Hevel said...

Mmm, great recipe. Too bad I can't get my hands on marshmellow creme!

I'll ask my sister for her gluten free stuffing recipe, I know she has one.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin