His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Black Bean Chocolate Cake

Yes, we made chocolate cake today with the main ingredient being BLACK BEANS!

It turned out pretty good!  I am still tweaking with the recipe, and think I need to add a little extra of a few things...... But here is a picture!



It was very moist, and tasty.

Our little taste tester approved too!

Here is the recipe:  But don't use THIS recipe, I tweaked it and made it better HERE!!
Black Bean Chocolate Cake
3/4 cup dried black beans... soaked overnight and then cooked till very soft.
Mix very well in mixer with 5 tlb of oil until a paste forms

1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup rice mix flour from EnerG
(any bean flour or sweet rice flour will do)
1 tsp vanilla
1 /2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp of baking powder
pinch of salt
1/2 unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
chocolate chips to taste (optional)
grated unsweetened coconut (optional)
3 large eggs
1/2 tsp cream of tarter
Put all dry ingredients in bowl and stir
Put all wet ingredients in bowl and mix until paste forms
Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients well

Preheat oven to 350º
Spray a bundt pan with non stick spray, or 8x8 square baking pan.
Spread in pan evenly and then top with chocolate chips (optional)
Bake for about 35 minutes or until tester comes out clean.

I'm still tweaking it..... I think it needs a little more salt (maybe 1/2 tsp)
I hate the texture of xantham gum or guar gum, so can't use.
But I'm thinking possibly arrow root and another 1/4 cup of sugar.
I'll try it again using melted chocolate squares too.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin