His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Gluten Free Black Bean Pumpkin Bread

I'm at it again with those black beans! I need to come up with some good recipes for Thanksgiving, so I tested one out today. Mike says for me not to change a thing, he likes it as it is...... His 2 customers agreed.... I was thinking it could use 1/4 cup more sugar, but they say no, so here it is!
 I made 1 large loaf and 4 mini loaves....with this recipe.  It can make 2 large loaves.

 Gluten Free Black Bean Pumpkin Bread

3/4 cup dried black beans (soak overnight, drain, add water and cook until very tender)
then puree'.
1 1/4 cups Rice Mix Flour ( I like the EnerG brand)
(it contains Rice Flour and Baking Powder)
1 15 oz can organic gluten free pumpkin
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 Tsp Baking powder
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp salt
1 Tsp Cinnamon
1 Tsp Nutmeg
1/2 Tsp ground cloves
1 TLB Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup rasins
1/2 cup of chopped walnuts (or your favorite nut)

Mix Pumpkin, beans, sugar eggs and vanilla together making sure eggs are well beaten and beans are mixed very well. 
Add flour, soda, baking powder, salt, and spices Mix WELL

Spray baking pans before use to keep from sticking.
This will make 2 large loaves or 8 mini loaves or a combo of both

I cooked it in a pre heated oven of 350ยบ  for about 35 minutes for the smaller loaves
 and 55 minutes to one hour for the larger loaf.   OR until cake tester comes out clean and when you touch the top it springs back.

Remove from oven and let sit for a few minutes and then remove from pans while still warm.
Serve with fruit butter, or plain butter, warm or cold.... store in air tight container.

FRUIT BUTTER:

1 stick of butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup thawed frozen strawberries
Blend and store in fridge to use on holiday breads.

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin