His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Friday, May 27, 2011

A Hurting Mama Heart

Yep, I 'm talking about me again.

Our sweet little Grand baby Ilse, had to have surgery to put a G-Tube in yesterday.  I talked to the kids and they were upset that she was not getting her pain medication on time and she was crying.  A nurse came in and said, "She's fine." 
I cannot tell you how that made me feel.  It brought back memories of Tim, laying there in horrible pain and nurses coming in and saying, "He's fine".  Well, HE WASN'T FINE! He was in Pain!  I finally went and found the hospital director who was in his office studying.  I knocked on his door and said, "Is it normal for a 6 year old to be writing in pain without the ability to even fall asleep?" He said NO it is NOT!  I asked him to come with me, because I couldn't get anybody to listen to me.....
The mistakes made on my Tim were awful.
He had Bilateral Femoral Osteotomy aductor releases and was in a body cast with his legs spread wide apart. He was swollen, even his hair hurt.
When they completed the surgery, his physician FORGOT to order pain meds for when he woke up.
(This is like taking a jack hammer to your hips, screws, metal plates and all, and then just waking you up.)  We could hear him screaming from the general surgery waiting area.... "My legs have been cut off!"
Poor baby.  They then put him in an ambulance and took him back to Carry Tingly Hospital in NM, and it was about 3 more hours before they got ANY meds into him at all.  I was in shock. They gave him his meds finally, but it didn't seem to make much difference.  Finally, after the 2nd day, it was found out that the meds given to him were for that of a 6 month old baby, not a 6 year old child!

Once they got his meds corrected, on the 3rd day, he was much better.  He had nightmares and cried everytime he heard an ambulance siren for a LONG time.  He still remembers.
My personal opinion.... my son had Cerebral palsy and there are those in the medical community (they know who they are) who would just as soon see people with disabilities disappear.

We have seen it, heard it, felt it, for years. It doesn't change. There are always those with hard hearts who DO NOT CARE..... they fail to see that they have flaws..... and think that they should have the best of care no matter what!  They are also the ones who are indifferent to children with special needs.

What do I say to them? Nothing.  What do I think?  When I get past feeling angry....(another bag)
I pity them.  Because there is a chance that someday, they will be a position of neediness. It only takes one accident. One stroke.... One diagnosis.... and boom, you are in diapers, in need of somebody to feed and care for you...!"  And guess what..... you may wind up with one of those folks who think YOU don't deserve to live.

6 comments:

Ivy said...

(That nurse was a boozer!)

The problem isn't just that they think Ilse and Tim don't deserve to live. The problem is that they think THEY deserve to live. They misunderstand the way that God sees all creatures. ALL creatures are helplessly needy before him. It is God in his mercy that grants and sustains ALL life and they should have a little humility!

Ilse and Tim are wonderful members of society and can glorify the Lord just as well (or arguably better!) than the rest of us. But even if they couldn't and were just bumps on a log, the oppurtunities to glorify the Lord by serving and loving them have a value of eternal proportions. And we should be thankful for that! *end soapbox*

mommajeane said...

Oh my how terrible. I will pray for your sweet little llse. I feel the same as you and my goodness God help the nurse who acts like that around me. May this person be brought to an understanding of how callous her comments are. Prayers and hugs for all of you.

:)De said...

I am sorry that sweet Ilse is in pain. I pray for the nurses that get assigned to her that their hearts would be gently guided by the love of Jesus in caring for her and all of their patients.

Please keep us updated.

Peace!

Mike and Christie said...

Ivy, you are so right. :) Thank you all for your prayers....

JJ said...

I will continue to pray, Christie. How awful for children, of all people, to have to suffer!

And, wow, that last statement packed a punch! It reminds me of "The Lion and The Mouse", and "The Reed and the Oak Tree" and Biblical principles of "sewing and reaping" and "the last" being 1st"...for ETERNITY!

There was a "That's Incredible" type show where an ordinary white guy saved an unknown black guy's life by performing CPR and mouth-to-mouth resuscitation on the side of the road after he pulled over and fell out of his car. The white guy had nothing to gain caring about a perfect stranger, but helped our this man in need anyway. Amazingly, a few years later, the white guy's life was saved during an emergency surgery performed by the black guy! As the white guy was losing consciousness, the doctor told him not to fear, that he was going to "return the favor". LOVE those stories!!!

We just never know...do we! That is why I teach my children that it is NEVER wrong to do what is right!

Annie said...

I can see where you'd be reliving that horrible experience. I don't know how you can bear to think about it, almost.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin