His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sarah's Special Time

I just love my sweet Sarah. :)  She and I had our special mommy- daughter time today.  We went to Sonic for a 1/2 price drink, and then off to Tractor Supply for Chicken Feed. After that we headed to Walmart for Groceries and to look at a few things of special interest. (Sarah's Birthday is coming up)

I have to say, she is just so lovely. We sat and talked for a while about all sorts of things; being a big sister included.  She has a lot of really great insight, and I love that Sarah is tender towards the Lord.
As we were talking, I just saw her little personality shining through... and I was looking back in my mind at that bubbly little sweetheart of a 5 year old that came into our lives through disruption.

As I looked at her, my heart has never been so glad to take a dive (as a dear friend describes the adoption experience) and not look back. :)
Sarah is growing up.... soon to be 12! She is starting to do bigger girl things, desiring to have her ears pierced, maybe.... and even though her spunkiness is still there, she is not NEARLY has hyper as she was when she was just a little girl. :)
She even said something to that effect today. "Mommy, remember when I was so hyper?" LOL

My favorite thing she said today was, "I like cloudy days, but I really like shiny days better!" :)
She is our little sunshine and brings us great joy.....
Thank you sweetie for our special time today. :)

No comments:

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin