His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, May 28, 2011

The Phone Call

Every now and then Alli will ask to call her old family.  She hadn't talked to them in a while, and Sarah asked to use the phone, then Anna asked to call her friend and then Alli said, "When she's done can I call my old family?"  Sure.

Today's phone call was funny. She talked and talked and talked and talked, and I could hear excitement in her voice about all she is doing.   She didn't ask as many questions about old animals as usual... instead she shared all she was up to....  and her excitement about learning to do water sports on the lake soon.

I was so proud of her. She talked all about her sisters and the antics they get into, how they catch fire flys and how she and Sarah made paper dolls and paper airplanes for the dolls to fly in, and how they design clothes for their dolls. 

She even told them about school. She said, "In the summer we do math and language arts so we don't foget things.. I think that is good!"
She talked about Sarah the most and said, "Sarah is like my best friend."
Wow!  Sarah heard her and had a big grin on her face. :)

They asked her if she was riding horses. She said, "No, I have gone to visit horses, and we have fed horses, I might ride horses soon ..(there is a summer program)  but my sister and I are doing Ballet and I LOVE dancing.  Mommy bought me a ballet suit and I love it.
Honestly, I don't think Alli cares as much about riding a horse as she did loving a specific horse.
She had a relationship with a certain horse and that relationship is what she missed. Her old horse will always have a special place in her heart.

She also tried to tell them all about "The Princess Bride"..... LOL  That must have been interesting to hear; and Friday nights and how we get pizza and have  a slumber party and fall asleep in the living room and it is fun.

Her other family asked her "Are you happy?"
And she had a big smile and said, "Yes, I am happy!"

I believe our little sweetie is settled. :)  

YES! I am happy too!  :)

3 comments:

Amy...who wanted 4. said...

Awesome!!

FaerieMama said...

WONDERFUL. I fall in love with alli everytime you post about her. she reminds me sooo much of my Nastia:)

Annie said...

That is so lovely - that she is free to call them, that they'll accept her happiness in her new home, and most of all, that she is happy, of course. That must have made your heart sing.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin