His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, May 29, 2011

The Results of Spanking Gone Awry

FMC Interview: KHSL Action News Chico Redding – For the Children's Sake | Fostering Media Connections

This 3 part interview is about the death of a little girl.  The sad part is, her death was caused by her adoptive parents who believed they needed to punish their daughter according to the book "To Train Up a Child.  I have written about punishment that is advocated in some extreme reading materials  in previous posts.... I am saddened that this family, bought this extreme form of punishment and it cost their daughter her life.... and it cost them their family. This was a homeschooling family with 9 children. (3 adopted from Liberia)
Child abuse makes me so sad.  But child abuse within the church doesn't just make me sad, it makes me angry.  This mother and father, are now in prison serving long sentences. Their children were removed.
Another family devastated by AWFUL teaching, in the name of God......

1 comment:

Annie said...

I cannot bear to watch the story. However, the one thing we learned so early in our adoption journey is that the discipline methods that work with "regular" kids simply do not work with children who don't trust adults. Of course they are going to fight - for their lives! And things will get out of hand.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin