His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Reading Bedtime Stories



We really like to read to the girls, and they don't seem to be too old to like being read to. :)  Many times, they will take the book and read it  themselves after we have read it out loud. 
I am embarrassed to say that I have never personally read Robinson Crusoe, be I am certainly enjoying it now, and so are the girlies. :)

1 comment:

Annie said...

I'd never read RC until I read it to my children, either.

I think no one is EVER too old to be read aloud to. I read to Lydia until she left home, and these days my husband has discovered he likes being read to, so he'll come in when I'm reading to Zhen. To my sorrow, somehow the arrival of Ilya, who couldn't understand anything, changed the dynamic so that Sergei absented himself to be with his brother. And, sadly, the intimacy got to be too much for Nastya, too..... But, Zhen and I and daddy read on. Right now we are reading Crispin and the Cross of Lead which I highly recommend. I hate to put it down!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin