His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Thursday, September 17, 2026

For Such A Time As This

I have been known to love antiques, and to relish in history imagining what it would be like to live at the time of Laura Ingalls Wilder during her childhood; living in a log cabin on the Prairie. There was something about history that made me feel like I had been born at the wrong time period, and it would have been better to have lived long ago!

But over time, the Lord convicted my heart that this was a sinful attitude. I was born in HIS perfect timing, for THIS day. It is wonderfully freeing to look at life this way. I can still love history and admire things that are old, but also be thankful for the present time in which I live.

What a great opportunity is given to us to make a difference in the now! Things are certainly different than generations before, but there are so many opportunities that didn't exist long ago. There are food pantries to give to for those in need. There are missions opportunities both to be active in, and to offer support for. We have opportunities to fly anywhere in the World in a matter of hours! We have strong churches with Ministers that don't need to travel from church to church. We have beautiful schools and if we so choose, we can teach our children at home. Books are prevalent in our society at a much lower cost than ever before.

I am relatively safe in my home, which was much different than the realities of the little house on the prairie time period! Many families died during those times of todays preventable diseases and from hostile tribes who did not want westward expansion.

While many famililes never moved away from each other, many did, and it meant only letters being exchanged. Today, if people live far from each other we have cars and highways to stay in contact.We have cell phones and constant ability to take all sorts of photos to share with each other. And we can call each other and hear those wonderful familiar voices.

God chose for me to be born now, to live now, to thrive now. And what He has chosen, is good.
My satisfaction in this life is in Christ. He is my life. He is my song.

No comments: