I love thrifting and the art of a great deal! Searching for one thing and then finding a treasure to bring home is just plain ole fun!
I found this baby at a Good Will thrift store in our area.
It is designed to look super old, but it is really just kind of old. The great thing about it, is that it has a slot for old cassette tapes. Cassettes were a big thing before CD's came on the market and we had a huge set of them because I used to work at a Christian book store that sold a lot of music! We were just talking about not keeping our cassettes as they have gone the way of VHS tapes, which we STILL have also!
So, I knew the radio part worked as I tested it in the store. When we got home, Mike said, I doubt the cassette part will work and I doubt the cassettes will be any good because they have been stored so long! We tried it and Horray! I listened to long lost music of the 1980s. :) Now I have a large collection of old music to go through including some of my favorite Christmas Music! And that season is just around the corner!!!
NEXT is to find a VHS player that actually works and doesn't cost an arm and a leg! Though, if you've been reading this blog for long you'll know I do have a few spare legs in the attic to bargain with! HA
His Mercy
"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"
A Thought
Prayer Quote
“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis
― C. S. Lewis
Faith
I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)


No comments:
Post a Comment