If you have not been to the Balloon Festival in Albuquerque NM, it is a must see at least once in your life. It is coming up in October of this year. We went and visited our son and some friends who live in Albuquerque a few years ago. Our friends are balloonists so we were able to actually help air up a balloon and watch other ballonists air up to take off. It was so fun! The Stein was from Germany and there was a balloon from Singapore. They scared me because their helium fire was kind of near the basket chords that hold the basket to the balloon! They made it up and back down thankfully! Here are some gorgeous highlights of that trip!
At the balloon Festival they have some treats like people sclulpting wood with Chain Saws! They were so talented!
During that trip we took the Tram up to the top of the Sandia Mountains. There is a beautiful ski area up there!
I think Albuerque is one of my favorite places to visit! There is so much to do. You can hike, you can go shopping at Old Town and eat Authentic New Mexican fare, there are folks selling their beautifully made jewelry, there are beautiful sunsets and spectacular views of mountains. There is also the Michael Thomas coffee shoppe where our grand daughter introduced us the Red Sea Blend coffee!
Thank you for reminiscing with me! :) I hope you enjoyed it.
His Mercy
"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"
A Thought
Prayer Quote
“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis
― C. S. Lewis
Faith
I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)


















No comments:
Post a Comment