His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Wednesday, August 26, 2026

Don't Give Up!

This was something our Albina (Alli) said to us many times. She wrote in in art form and sent it to us when she had to be away. She wrote it in chalk when she was home and she expressed it in voice when she was distraught. After us being her 4th set of parents, she needed to know that our love was unconditional and that we would not give up on her. It was HARD, but looking back on all that has occurred, oh so wonderful. The Lord brought her to us. He had work to do in her life and in ours! She and I were talking earlier today about that time. She said, "I was such a bad kid".... I said, No. You were a HURT kid. And today, she is a lovely daughter and friend. Honestly, 10 years ago I was afraid for her future, but today, I'm so proud of her. She is truly a success story! She of course is more than that! I'm just so thrilled to see her flourish in her life. I was there was her son was born 7 years ago. I remember her saying, "Mom will you come? Your're the only mama I have!" and it touched my heart so deeply. I cannot wait for her new sweetie to be born and be brought into our lives. What an amazing story. What an amazing God we serve! No Sweetie! We didn't give up and neither did you!

No comments: