His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Update on Noelle #4

I just found out that there is a computer room at the hotel we are staying at.  I picked up Noelle number 4 at a Walmart Parking Lot, in the garden section along with the attorney on Wednesday night.  It was a very smoothe transisiton and had much the same feel as when this happened with Sarah at McDonalds.

Noelle #4 was nervous, understandably so, but as we chatted all the way back to the attorney's office, about an hour and a half drive, she began to relax.  We found out way to our hotel room, and sat down to chat.

I let her know that she had no reason to trust me, but I sure would like it if she would! :) (she just gave me a kiss and said, I DO trust you mama!) LOL....

We are sorta stuck in NC until the ICPC paperwork goes through. It SHOULD happen sometime during the week.... so PRAY.... we are both anxious to get home.

I must say I am amazed at how the Lord has directed and brought all of this together. We have been so blessed to be a part of the adoption community, and to be able to share our lives with some of the most fantastic people.

To back up abit.  We didn't get the call until Tuesday afternoon.  I was to be in NC by Wednesday afternoon, and take responsibility for Noelle #4 by Wednesday evening. 
We had thought all this was over, and nothing was going to happen and had actually put it out of our minds.
And then, when the call came, it took me back to the days when we got the call to go to Ukraine!
It felt the same.
I was shaking all over. I don't know why, I just was.  I couldn't stop shaking as I was searching for quick plane tickets and finally Mike said, "Just book a flight!"  So I did.
I shook all the way to NC.   When I rented my car, I drove off, with a million things zooming through my mind.  I turned on the radio, and it was on a Christian Station.... the song playing was, "It is Well With my Soul!"  Then, Peace, Peace, Wonderful Peace..... as I drove and listened, My heart was swept over with a calmness and peace that Can only come from the Lord and I ceased to shake..... Praise the Lord for His comfort and PEACE!

By the time we got to our destination, I was relaxed and calm, and ready for the task of taking on a very VERY hurt child.

I have to say, she is ADORABLE! She is SWEET! and SHE IS OURS!



We are so happy to see that she is the perfect fit for our family.  She has qualities that are too many to mention, and she has specific qualities that will mesh with each one of the other Noelles!

We had a great time visiting with our Friend JJ and her boys, who are also from Russia.  AND, Joe and Becca, Sam and Truman got to come and stay the entire weekend at the hotel.  I am so blessed to have been able to see them, and Truman for the first time!
We  joked that the last two family members get to meet first! :)

I can't wait to post pictures. :)
[Mike just picked one that gives you a sneak peek]

Praying for a speedy trip home!

11 comments:

Annie said...

To say I am madly envious is an understatement! How did this come about? She sounds very sweet to be taking the transition so well.

Melissa E. said...

So, will her middle name officially change to Noelle? :-)

Can't wait to see pictures of your new "baby" girl! (and I thought mine was big at 10 pounds! Haha!)
I hope all continues to move along so that you can get home swiftly to your family--the REST of your family, that is!

Congratulations!!

Mike and Christie said...

Annie, I will blog more about this when we get home. :)
We are truly blessed.

Christine said...

Christie I am so excited for you and your new daughter! Woo-hoo!

mommajeane said...

I am so happy to be reading this update. It seems like such a long time ago and such a mess back last Fall when you first shared...The Lord has blessed your obedience and your loving heart. We are praying for it all to happen fast and you 2 get home soon.

:)De said...

So happy! Can't wait!!

newmom2 said...

I am so happy this little girl has found a home with you. I am happy for you to spread your love and understanding to this child as well.

You know I always say if one falls in my lap but I think someone knows my hands are full and letting me learn to enjoy what I have. I guess someone knows you have much more to bring to children.

May you continue to have a smooth (as it can be) transition. REally praying for all of you.

JJ said...

Great photo choice, Mike. Even after meeting Noelle the 4th, I would not recognize her in this photo. This child does have a million dollar smile! She is a little moon beam of light when she smiles. And what a sweet, sweet spirit. Thank God that the toxic adults in her life could not steal her joie de vivre!

Praise God, who is full of mercy and grace! Yet another trophy of grace is in the making!

MariaG said...

Congratulations! I just searched the term "Noelle" on your blog and now I understand the reference. LOL ... you had me wondering. I'm excited to hear all about your newest Noelle ... and of course about your whole family. 'Hope all goes smoothly to get home fast.
Maria (Canada)

Muddled Muse said...

Wow! Coming from a family of 4 girls (at least for the majority of growing up!) I can say for certain that your Noelles have a wonderful time ahead of them. (You've finally got enough to reenact scenes from Little Women, too!)
Wow...what a blessing, I can't wait to hear more about your newest daughter!

Christine said...

SHe is beauitful Christie! THanks for posting a pic!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin