His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, March 14, 2011

Pool Bonding

The pool has proven to be an excellent place for bonding with little Noelle #4.... We have made up more games than I ever thought possible.  Her favorite is ships and torpedoes.  I am the ship, and she gets to torpedo me from under water. If I make it to the other side, I win.... I hardly ever make it! :)

We also have to get out of the water and say the other persons favorite color, food, movie, snack, drink, etc.... and when they swim across, we have to jump in and get them before they get to the other side!
This includes lots of fun water splashing...

We use the pool when nobody is in there to sing.... and I can hold her like a baby.  She has responded really well to this.  The acoustics are great in the pool area, so I sound pretty good! LOL

Since we have been together almost 2 weeks, she has learned to actually swim. When we started she couldn't make it across the pool above water. Now she can hold her breath all the way across UNDER water! She is a little fish, just like Noelle's 1, 2 and 3!

We had some very serious talks last night, and we were up late...... slept in this a.m. and when we woke up, she was happy.  One thing she said that stunned me today:  "I'm really gonna try to open up my heart."

Those were the words I was talking to her about last night, before bed when we were talking about trusting once again.

I realize this is going to be a long, heart wrenching process. But she is WANTING the process, and that is HUGE.
I am so proud of our brave, sweet little Noelle....and I am SOOOO PROUD of all the other little Noelle's at home who have been FABULOUS...Daddy nearly had tears telling me how great they were all doing.

We have much adjustment to come, I'm sure.... but this is what the Lord has called us to do, and we are TRULY blessed.

5 comments:

Mike said...

Something I would like all to think about.
Wanting.
Ali has WANTING things to be better. We have promised they will, but her EXPERIENCE says no.
We have asked her to TRUST us, to have faith that our word is TRUE.
Right now the days roll on, the waiting is a burden because the paper is delayed. In a short time, she will EXPERIENCE the TRUTH and the fullfilment PROMISE.

Have you ever heard that before?

When we come to God, what do we WANT? To be healed, successful, rich, respected, powerful?
What did Jesus say in John 3:16?
That all who would BELIEVE in Him would have ETERNAL LIFE.
If you WANT eternal life, and TRUST that Jesus WORD is TRUE, in time you will EXPERIENCE fullfilment of the PROMISE.
If you want to gain weight, then you eat and drink. But you don't immediately jump on a scale and measure your height. It takes time to see results. But...

First you have to WANT.

Our Adoption Journey said...

It sounds like this time together for the two of you, just waiting in the hotel is a good thing. Noelle 4 is having time to get to know and trust you and create a bond before the stress of meeting a whole new family. Good luck. Everything sounds wonderful.

Toyin O. said...

Glad to hear Noelle is doing great:)

JJ said...

Mike, I see a book in your future. :) Very profound food for thought here!

Annie said...

I think God works in mysterious ways, and I agree that this time sounds like an enormous blessing - the concentrated "mommy time" that all "newborns" need....and the pool is great for that physical connection - sounds like you are taking great advantage of it! PACE!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin