His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Great Day

Well, we have been together since March 3rd, and things are going great. We had a wonderful day today. We went to the zoo.  Noelle $4's favorite animals were the Bob Cats and the Arctic Fox.  The Bob cats were pretty cool!  Anna would have LOVED seeing them.  They actually look like a giant version of Bob the Cat with a shorter tail.

The drive to the zoo was beautiful. NC is a beautiful state.  There were several log cabins we passed that were obviously VERY old.  That is something that we miss living in Texas.  Nothing is really THAT old in Texas..... not like the East Coast.

Noelle #4 has really began to relax, and enjoy herself, showing her real personality. She is a delight in every way.  The Noelles 1,2 and 3 are just going to love her! And of course Daddy already does. :)  I can hear his anticipation on the phone when we talk each day.

We miss everybody! I hate it that we have had to be away...but we are one day closer to coming home!

On the way home from the zoo, Noelle 4 said I was her favorite mom. :)  That sounds like a strange concept outside of the adoption community, and even within it..... this little one has had 5 moms now! 

We have had such great conversation about trust.... and just telling I understand that she has no reason to trust me, has caused her to begin to trust. 

I really think today was  a huge breakthrough day..... I don't know why, I guess because everything just felt very natural. It felt natural for both of us, and  we smiled about it......

Noelle #4 was not putting effort at being happy.... she genuinely was!

Praise the Lord for HIS grace and mercy!

I can't wait to post a picture! Noelle #4 proudly said we have 120 of them now in the camera!

8 comments:

Christine said...

So glad that things are going well.

mommajeane said...

I can't wait to see pictures. She has the most perfect momma for her I am sure. It has been a joy watching and hearing about your sweet relationship blooming.

Erika Minich said...

I need you home mom!!!!!! I need you.


Erika minich

Katie - a Blessed Mommy! said...

Wow! I just caught up on your life - wow wow wow!
Praying for a smooth transition for all & look forward to meeting your newest daughter!
Katie

Mike and Christie said...

Erika, I miss you so much! We will be home soon. Hang in there baby girl. I love you. I'll talk to you tonight. :)

:)De said...

Oh, Erika! I am praying for you as you miss your Mamma. Hold on... You know what I do when I am missing someone? I make list of all the great things about them and I maybe write some poems about them using the things from the list. It always makes my heart smile to think of good things for those I love.

Peace!

:)De

Mike and Christie said...

Erika, another thing you can do is pray! Ask the Lord to help you and then, think of what might be helpful to get done before mama gets home. That way, when we get home, we can all just sit and talk, and rock, and hug and sing and get back to normal.

Love,
Mom

Erika Minich said...

Thank you all for the wonderful advise. I will do both.

Thanks.


Erika Minich

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin