His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Monday, March 7, 2011

Reflections in the Midst of Change

Noelle #4 and I have had a wonderful, peaceful and reflective day.  We actually woke up a little late, and missed breakfast that is provided by the hotel.  Sooo we decided to go on a big adventure.
We normally would call it "Adventures in Getting Lost in SC", but THIS time, we didn't! YEA!

We traveled down to down town Raleigh to see the Museums, and I must say, they were FABULOUS! Way to go North Carolina! After spending the day down town, we traveled back to our hotel, as we were abit tired, and we had a chance to talk once again.

#4 Opened up alot about her past, and put up with some of my more probing questions. We have a rule, if she doesn't want to talk, we won't..... so far, she has wanted to. :)

I have been singing to her when we are alone in the pool, and today, she asked if I'd sing to her in the room.
I took her into my chair, WHICH BTW ROCKS! literally, and began to sing to her. I told her that if she had been my baby born to me, I would have sung to her every day just like this.... and then, I began to sing.

First I sang baby songs, and then graduated to praise songs.  She melted into my arms, and within 30 minutes
my little Noelle was fast asleep in my arms.  I kept singing praises to the Lord, and thanking Him, for this sweet, sweet little girl.
I didn't want to move her, so I prayed for her, and sang praises for about an hour and a half.  She finally stirred from her slumber and said, "Nobody has ever rocked me before."  
I told her, "Mommies LOVE to rock their babies and little girls!"
She said, "I love you Mommy!"

As I was checking our facebook account, I received a personal email from another mom who said, "Remember Anna's Fleece?"  I had FORGOTTEN!
If any of you remember back in November when this all started, Anna had put a fleece out in the yard.... and it actually came in dry, even though the ground was wet..... she said, "That means we are going to adopt her!"
I just love how the Lord has orchestrated each step of this.  I need to remain calm in my anxiety to get home, and trust......HIM for the next step.

Thank you EACH AND EVERY ONE who is praying for us. I can feel the prayers, and they are sustaining all of us, both in TX and in NC.

10 comments:

JJ said...

OK, so now I already had tears in my eyes...and then came the ugly cry. Never been rocked before??? Oh, my? So Noelle #4 must be an angel from Heaven to be SOOOO sweet, given her wretched past. I am torn between my joy for her being slathered with love in your arms now, Christie, and the sadness of Noelle the 4th's 1st decade+ without you! Praise God He makes all things beautiful in His time.

Amy said...

Praying for you from Colorado!

:)De said...

I am shouting and praising God for HIS wisdom and planning, timing and perfectness in this whole adoption.

We serve such a MIGHTY God and today during our devotion I was talking about how much God just loves us. Loves us! Can you imagine..... Such a perfect and fulfilling love and because of that love, you have a mammas love so deep in your heart already for your new little girl. It is such a God thing that it almost overwhelms me.

I am praying for you all and again, praising with you. Rest in HIS timing. The time you have alone with her is building just what you all need. I know you miss the other girlies and daddy, but this is the time just for you two.

Love and Peace,
:)De

Emily Minich said...

After reading this post, I had only one thought.

You are SUCH a good mom.

Love you!
Emily

mommajeane said...

She does sound like she is doing very well with you...so glad to hear about this. She is a cutie and I too love how the Lord put together all of the details and how you and Mike were obedient to His will.

Diana said...

So beautiful! Can't wait to "meet" her!

Melissa E. said...

Totally Awesome, Christie. I pray that she continues to be so receptive to your love. I know your family has so much to give her.

How cool is it that God provided you a rocking chair?!!

Can't wait to hear more as time goes by!

Muddled Muse said...

*teary eyes* I'm so glad she's getting rocked now and experiencing the joy and safety of being held in a momma's arms. I will pray that this experience will stay with her as she grows up into the knowledge that she is also being held by a mighty and loving savior.

Anna's fleece was right! God has once again proved Himself faithful - despite all odds and expectations. Praise God for faith like Anna's and God's answering her prayer! (Okay...I've got to stop before I really start crying!!)

Elayne said...

So wonderful! HE is so good!! Can't wait to see all of you :)

Rebecca said...

This is precious. Thank you for sharing this tender moment! I'm so happy for her, and that we all get to have her in our lives. After meeting her, I am just astounded at her sweetness, given all that she has endured in her lifetime. :) Give her a hug from her sister! We miss you both. Sam hasn't stopped talking about either of you.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin