His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Hinds Feet on High Places

For our bedtime devotional, we have started "Hinds Feet on High Places."  I read this to the girls and grand girls a few summers ago, and they loved it.  I decided since it has been a while and Alli is new; all the girlies could benefit from hearing this beloved Allegory once again.

I really like this version, as it is greatly illustrated and has some other devotional aspects to it.

 The girls were happy to listen to the first chapter tonight.  I am so thankful for such sweet, tender hearted girls. :)

I think this book is a WONDERFUL read, especially for a child who is struggling with fear, or a child who has an outward handicap.  What a beautiful illustration of our relationship with the Good Shepherd.

2 comments:

ElyseMBlum said...

I just thought id say how much i love your blog. I read it all night and loved it! What a wonderful family you have! truly blessed!
Elyse

Mike and Christie said...

Thank you ElyseMBlum. :)

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin