His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

An Opportunity

Today I had an opportunity to talk with Miss Alli about something and see how she responded or reacted.... I am THRILLED to report she responded so very well.....

My friend had called, and it was an important call. As we were talking about a very specific situation, 2 of the girls came running to me to tell me Alli was weeping in the closet.

I told my friend. "I'm sorry, I HAVE to go now, I'll call you back." And then, I ran to the closet.
At that, Miss Alli jumped out and started laughing.... she was just kidding. :)
She had no intent or malice, she  was just being a little girl.....

I asked her if I could hold her, and I then told her, "Mommy was talking to a friend about something very important, but YOU are WAY more important than any phone call, so I hung up to come and comfort you.... but you were kidding.
I really needed to talk to my friend, because they needed me.....so I am going to call them back.... but I need you to not pretend you are crying as a joke, because it isn't honest. Ok?

With that, she burst into tears and said, "I am sooo sorry mommy!"  "I didn't know!"

So we rocked and rocked and I comforted the real tears, and genuine repentance came from her. Poor baby.  I told her, "I am not upset at all, of course you didn't know... I'm just trying to help you TO know, that Mommy LOVES you so VERY much, and if you are sad, I will ALWAYS come to comfort you! We snuggled for a while, and then she had this big smile! :)
Love that little Noelle!

And BTW- Erika is the BEST OLDEST SISTER! She has taken little Alli under her wings and is just so good and sweet to her. :)

4 comments:

FaerieMama said...

Christie, I learn how to be a better mom through you all the time. This is one of them. What a PERFECT, loving response. I honestly wouldnt have known how to respond without anxiety in this situation, and you showed me!
Thank you! And I ADORE hearing about Erica taking Alli under her wing! I think about your girls often, and pray for them:)

Mike and Christie said...

Keri, you are so sweet. I really appreciate all of your prayers!
We are so blessed. :) Serving the Lord is never boring. :)

Holly said...

Lovely photos, Alli is beautiful! :) I like the story too, it makes so much sense.
BTW, I think it might be time for an updated header, with your new addition! ;)

Annie said...

This is just a lovely story. It is hard to understand how this sweet little girl ended up in a disruption situation. No matter what her issues, her basic instincts seem so good.

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin