His Mercy

"His Mercies Are New Every Morning"

A Thought

In this life we can not always do great things. But we can do small things with great love.." :) Mother Teresa

Prayer Quote

“I pray because I can't help myself. I pray because I'm helpless. I pray because the need flows out of me all the time- waking and sleeping. It doesn't change God- it changes me.”
― C. S. Lewis

Faith

I believe in the sun even when it's not shining. I believe in love even when I don't feel it. And I believe in God even when He is silent. (quote found on the wall of a concentration camp)

Weather Underground

Click for Wylie, Texas Forecast

NEW WEB SITE

Check Out Our Other Web Site!
Posts are being added Daily......

www.parentingthatheals.org

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Raising Kids for TRUE Greatness

Before I left for the airport, I grabbed a book that I had been wanting to read, but hadn't had time.
I bought it over a year ago, and FINALLY got to read it.  I must say, it was a breath of fresh air in many ways.

I like to read books, but I don't always agree with EVERYTHING in each book I read, and that includes this one.  HOWEVER, It is a DEFINITE worth read!

The book is titled "Raising Kids for True Greatness" by Tim Kimmel. 
The reason I love it so much, is that he has proper perspective on what is truly important, and what TRUE greatness is! 

This book is not focused on Trauma, or adoption. It is focused on something that will be an answer to many trauma issues.  FORGIVENESS, LOVE, ACCEPTANCE, GUIDANCE, TRUST....etc.

Try it, you'll LIKE it.... and it will take a lot of pressure off of those who feel that they cannot "compete".

2 comments:

JJ said...

Tim Kimmel is GREAT! He spoke at our church, Woodcreek Church in Richardson, TX when we were there. I got a chance to talk with him and told him his book(s) were some of the few I had found to be compatible with Heather Forbes' books.

Glad you had a great read for the flight home.

Annie said...

Thanks for the recommendation!

You Are Still Holy

LinkWithin